Asset Accounting in SAP S/4HANA – Customizing and Conversion
Level:Details, Configuration & Transaction
- This course provides an in depth look into the new Asset Accounting application. The content of this course is relevant in the context of
- SAP S/4HANA where the new Asset Accounting application is the standard application to do Asset Accounting
- SAP ERP where the new Asset Accounting application can be used in the ledger approach instead of the classic Asset Accounting. Attendees should be familiar with the classic SAP Asset Accounting.
- This course will prepare you to explain, configure and use the new asset accounting application:
- Get a big picture from the journey from classic Asset Accounting to new Asset Accounting through a conversion project
- Learn how to execute a new implementation of new Asset Accounting.
- Understand the logic of the new Asset Accounting and differences between classic and new Asset Accounting
- Application consultant
- Support consultant
- Project Manager
- Key User
- You should be familiar with the business processes and configuration of the classic SAP Asset Accounting application.
- AC305Asset Accounting
Course based on software release
- SAP S/4HANA 1610 SPS0
- SAP EHP8 for SAP ERP 6.0
- Part 1:
- Idea of and motivation for the new Asset Accounting application
- See in detail and step by step how the conversion from classic Asset Accounting to new Asset Accounting works. This is shown in an SAP ERP EHP 7 system.
- Activation of new Asset Accounting.
- See and execute customizing adjustments that are needed after the conversion.
- Setup new Asset Accounting for a company code, basing on the ledger approach (in SAP ERP).
- Part 2:
- This course now continues on an SAP S/4HANA system in which the Asset Accounting conversion is already completed.
- Explain differences between the classic and the new Asset Accounting Application
- Execute different asset transactions in order to get familiar with the new Asset Accounting and its new posting logic
- Reconstruct the system configuration
- Create a new chart of depreciation for the account approach (in SAP S/4HANA)
- Check the chart of depreciation for ledger approach (in SAP S/4HANA)
- Explain the differences between the different systems (account approach versus ledger approach)
- Presentation of the depreciation run in SAP S/4HANA
- Explain changes in the architecture and the consequences for reporting. See the differences in Customizing.
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your Interest. We will do our best to consider your request.
Note: Location can be for a Virtual ClassroomRegister Interest